Not an Advent Calendar
I've gotten a lot of requests for Advent calendars, and it’s late in the year to try to plan one properly. I believe an Advent calendar should have a cohesive plan and more importantly, execution. That takes time. Serious amounts of time.
What I can offer is Not an Advent Calendar. Your feedback has been that what you really want is an assortment of minis, and I can do that! Here's what I propose: a variety of minis including assorted bases, both standard and premium, and a combination of "known" bases and experimental bases. The minis will be primarily fingering weight but may include a few assorted weights. It will be a combination of established/named colorways, One of a Kind/R&D colorways, and even some preview colorways!
I know not everyone wants a complete mystery and that there are the fears of "What if bright colors scare me more than spiders and I get all brights?" Please feel free to share a general request or two in your order notes. I’ll do my best but can’t guarantee anything. Let's keep it simple, such as "I love speckles" or "Purple is my least favorite color."
The plan is to send the minis all together but NOT individually wrapped. If you would like to extend the fun and treat it like an Advent calendar, you can add on having the minis individually wrapped by the Dye Interns. The fee for this goes directly to them for their labor. It may also look like they were wrapped by an elementary school students but I'll encourage them to be as neat as possible and to make their best effort.
A few things to note:
- If you order 2 sets of 12 minis to make a 24 day Non-Advent Calendar, I will do my best to make sure all the minis are all different.
- Premium minis are mini skeins that include one of more of the following components: cashmere, silk, yak, stellina, mohair. You can expect at least 2 premium minis per 12 mini skein set.
- Minis are approximately 20 grams, except for Fluff minis which will be approximately 10 grams.
- The minis will appear to be different sizes - this is based on whether they were miniaturized at the mill or after being dyed in full skeins. This does not affect the quantity of yarn.
- Not everyone is getting the same assortment of minis!
- Not An Advent Calendar is not eligible for any discounts/promos, etc.
- My goal is to ship before Thanksgiving so the package arrives before December 1. However, transit times will vary depending on the USPS, which as you know, is already overloaded.
- Please order Not an Advent Calendar separately from other items if you would like things shipped as soon as they are ready rather than waiting for everything to be ready at the same time. (Ex. Ready to ship items will be held until Not an Advent Calendar ships, and Not an Advent Calendars may be held until Dye to Order items are ready).
- If it appears this is not following a rule of Advent calendars, please just remember that this is Not an Advent Calendar! (Say it the way Arnold Schwarzenegger says "It's not a tumor!" in Kindergarten Cop.)