Welcome to Seismic Yarn & Dyeworks, an independent dye studio located just outside of San Francisco, CA
OOAK (or One of A Kind) skeins are just that - colorways made just once. These skeins occur for a variety of reasons - sometimes it is in the development of a colorway, sometimes from using up leftover dye and sometimes I'm just playing. These are all first quality skeins, but for assorted reasons, are remaining unnamed. You have the option to make any of the fingering weight OOAKs into a sock set by adding an OOAK mini.
The OOAK Mini Sets (aka the Jadzia Special) are sets of 6 OOAK mini skeins that the Younger Dye Intern, my 9 year old daughter, curates from all the minis that are created from my tool rinse water and occasional leftover dye. As she both curates and assembles these kits, she earns 10% of the sale price! I normally have these exclusive to live shows but they will temporarily be available online!
Some yarn is listed by base, other by weight, and there are even some that are available in multiples! Some you can see before you buy and of course, there are plenty of mystery skeins! There are even some test bases available (assorted fibers but the primary component of all skeins is SW Merino) and some luxury bases in the mix!
You are welcome to leave me a note with a preference and I will do my best to accommodate you.
These skeins are all ready to ship, and I am unable to recreate any of these colorways.
- Fluff 72.28 Super Kid Mohair.Silk 459 yards/50g
- Butter Sock 85.15 Extra Fine SW Merino.Nylon
- Regular: 437 yards/100g
- Mini skein : 87 yards/20g
- Butter Single 100 Extra Fine SW Merino 437 yards/100g
- Butter Sock DK 85.15 Extra Fine SW Merino.Nylon 246 yards/100g
- Butter Worsted 100 Extra Fine SW Merino 218 yards/100g
- Merino Worsted 100 SW Merino 218 yards/100g
- Butter Bulky 100 Extra Fine SW Merino 109 yards/100g
- Merino Bulky 100g SW Merino 137 yards/100g